“These are the years when you learn what type of person you’ll be for the rest of your life” -my mama (I think. Some relative. Somebody somewhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
I am not the person I was five years ago. For one, I’m *kind of* an adult now and I’m in college. However, when I was 14 (five years ago) I had those two things in my five-year plan. Yes, 14-year-old me had it all figured out. I would be in college with As and Bs and have a car and cool friends and speak fluent spanish and bring all the boys to the yard. (Some of these things are still in development but I still have time. I don’t turn 20 until May). The newest development in my character though is something that old me would have never guessed.
My name is Kiara Alexander and I’ve become a holiday season junkie.
That’s right UMBC. You’re gonna see a girl on campus in a santa suit on November 24th and you’ll think, “who is this fool getting their santa on before December 1st?” and it’ll be me.
I wasn’t always like this. I used to be a holiday shamer. I would shake my head at people who put lights up outside during the month of November. I would like to take this time now to apologize to all those people I judged before. I understand now. You may ask what brought me to this new jolly state-of-mind. Do not worry. I, as usual, have made a list to explain this new character.
Kiara’s gone Krazy: Christmas Edition ;)
- I’ve known about Michael but have I known about Michael? Obviously not. Thanks to his angelic voice, I see snow and hot cocoa every time I close my eyes.
- Starbucks, particularly the one of campus
- They bust out the red cups. They bring out the peppermint mocha. Everyone is studying harder with the semester coming to a close. The togetherness of it all makes me feel very warm and cozy and festive, just like a caramel brulée (Bublé to make a connection) latte.
- The sunday after halloween Target puts up their wintery holiday signage. How can I not be swayed to follow Target’s holiday schedule when upon entering their store I am greeted with a quirky santa sign.
- This is the first year of my life I’ve had disposable income. I can’t wait to buy cool things for my squad/crew/loved ones. Yay!
- He needs to be on here twice. That’s his impact.
So this is who I am now, but I am not ashamed. Here’s a Michael Bublé Christmas playlist for the road:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4ZbFTApBws&list=PLVZFts556G9lhlADeVLL0Vn9339M4a2VO
Have a Happy Thanksgiving
–Your Girl, Kiki